Special Diagnostic Techniques
We provide certain services that are usually not covered by medical insurance and healthcare plans.
- Privately conducted expert testing at the patient’s request
- Medical legal advice for injured or aggrieved persons and their families in case the condition necessitates medical care (for example, psychiatric conditions or age-related infirmity, etc). We also provide consulting for cases concerning pension plans.
- Medical transport expertise relating to cases when the patient’s driver’s license has been revoked (so called “Idioten-Test”) after driving under alcohol or drug influence (Promille > 1.6 or traces of drugs found in the system) or for mentally unstable patients.
- Medical transport consulting and preparation for psychological testing (so called “Idioten-Test”) when the patient’s driver’s license has been revoked.
- Preventive diagnostics of dementia (so called “Brain Check”).
Analysis of Tremor
Muscle contraction involving hands, feet, or head is called tremor. A rare underlying cause may be Parkinson’s disease. A more common cause is a worrisome, though in most cases harmless, genetic disorder.
Tremor is analyzed by a special monitoring device attached to skin over afflicted muscle tissue by skin electrodes. This is an efficient way to diagnose and differentiate between various disorders underlying tremor.
Lab testing includes blood work, endocrine profiling and drug toleration tests.
Intravenous Infusions (Drip or Push)
Intravenous infusions are primarily used in treating diseases involving impaired blood circulation, inflammatory diseases, and during immunotherapy (for example, treatment of multiple sclerosis).
The infusions include:
- Power-Push mix of vitamins
- Promoting adequate blood supply
- Alpha Lipoic acid used in treatment of diabetic polyneuropathy
Lumbar puncture is also known as cerebrospinal fluid tap. This procedure may be necessary to diagnose inflammatory processes in central nervous system. A sample consisting of a few milliliters of cerebrospinal fluid (Liquor cerebrospinalis) is collected from the patient. This fluid provides protection and nutrition to the brain and the spinal cord.
A spinal needle is inserted into the subarachnoid space of the spinal cord in between spinous processes into a lumbar vertebra. The needle is anatomically constructed, which means it cannot damage the spinal cord in any way. The most common cause for a lumbar puncture is the need to diagnose an inflammatory disease of the nervous system, such as multiple sclerosis.
Psychological counseling and therapy helps to alleviate the many psychological complications that accompany life-threatening conditions. Counseling is also recommended for mentally unstable patients. Our specialists will help to determine a range of optimal therapeutic options.